Evan I. Schwartz thinks I'm in the 3%. Or is it 97%?

I Find Karma (adam@cs.caltech.edu)
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 18:07:00 -0700 (PDT)

Just wondering if anyone on FoRK knows how/why Evan found me? Maybe
because I link to him... :)

I gotta admit that this was a nice surprise for my
unsolicited-email-o-the-day... thanks, Evan! I liked your book, btw.

> 97% of what you say is insightful and entertaining.

I wonder if he meant to say "inciteful" instead... :)

------- start of forwarded message -------
> From: "Evan I. Schwartz" <evan@webonomics.com>
> To: adam@cs.caltech.edu
> Subject: 97%
> Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 19:21:14 -0400
> Adam,
> 97% of what you say is insightful and entertaining. The other 3% is
> utter rubbish.
> --Evan
> ________________________
> Evan I. Schwartz
> http://www.webonomics.com
------- end -------


[Software] publishers often refer to prohibited copying as 'piracy.'
In this way, they imply that illegal copying is ethically equivalent to
attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people
on them.

If you don't believe that illegal copying is just like kidnapping and
murder, you might prefer not to use the word 'piracy' to describe it.
Neutral terms such as 'prohibited copying' or 'illegal copying' are
available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a
positive term such as 'sharing information with your neighbour.'

-- the Free Software Foundation, in