Re: Guha resurfaces: epinions

Mark Baker (distobj@acm.org)
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 20:36:58 -0500

At 06:02 PM 8/11/99 -0400, Robert S. Thau wrote:
> Slashdot is certainly in that space, plus it has a rewards system
> of sorts (if you count not being filtered-out by others' filters as
> a reward - not much feedback).
>
>Ummm... what space is that?

Sorry, I lost Rohit's text. I was responding to the "guides by hobbyists,
Tom's Hardware," etc. bit. My point was that at least one of the "stuff
about stuff" sites are even using the right tool for the job (RDF), but as
Dan pointed out, I was probably mistaken on that point too. I just looked
into it myself and found;

http://www.slashdot.org/slashdot.rdf

<?xml version="1.0"?><rdf:RDF
xmlns="http://my.netscape.com/rdf/simple/0.9/">

<channel>
<title>Slashdot:News for Nerds. Stuff that Matters.</title>
<link>http://slashdot.org/</link>
<description>News for Nerds. Stuff that Matters</description>
</channel>

[snip]

Boy, good thing they declared they're using the RDF namespace! Doh. Ok,
so if that's the extent of its use of RDF, then it ain't RDF.

MB