RE: Pink Slippers jpg

Ron Resnick (resnick@interlog.com)
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 23:03:46 +0300

At 11:29 AM 6/17/97 -0700, Seth Golub wrote:

>Joe Barrera <joebar@MICROSOFT.com> writes:
>
>>> HaGaon Yosef HaBarrera HaShlishi [...]
>>> (btw, literal translation is "The Exalted Genius Joseph The Barrera
>> the Third").
>
>> Which part means "the Third"?
>
>"HaShlishi"
>
>> and why the "Ha" prefixes?
>
>It means "the".
>

>> If I wanted to add my middle name (Samuel) would I stick a
>> "HaSamuel" in the middle?
>
>Only if you wanted to be The Samuel. Also, if you're willing to
>accept "Yosef" for "Joseph", you should also substitute "Shmuel" for
>"Samuel", in keeping with the return-to-tradition theme.

Sure, Yosef Shmuel Barrera Hashlishi will do, but
Yossi Shmulik Barrera (loosely, Joey Sammy B) sounds better,
doncha think?

Ron.

(FoRK has gotten *way* out of hand today. This is ridiculous.
And I *still* want my pink slippers pix! Every post I saw with
this subject line has disappointed - none of them are relevant
to my quest. I think I'll take an existing pic of Rohit and grab
some clipart slippers and tack'em on, just to make a fake.)