Re: Message for the newbies.

CobraBoy! (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 13:36:19 -0700

At 11:15 PM 6/17/97 +0300, you wrote:

>There is only one rule:
>
>Rule #1 Instantly delete and don't read any FoRK posts unless
>they are written by Tim Byars (CobraBoy). Contrary
>to popular sentiment, it actually appears that everything you'll
>read around here is totally clueless EXCEPT for CobraBoy posts.
>This takes quite a while to get the hang of, since most of us
>are unfortunately adjusted to the supposedly reasonable, rational
>mindset of the outside world, which trains us to think the opposite.
>The reality, however, is that it appears that Tim, all on his own,
>pretty much IS the 3% of 3% of 3% of 3%... we're desperately
>trying to track down. As Rohit has recently noted,
>Tim *be* da man. I've only recently caught onto this, which
>is why I've started ignoring just about everything on FoRK other
>than CobraBoy! posts, including my own. You can stop reading this now....

Ah... this is prime example of my #1 rule:

Give 'Em Enough Rope

also known as:

If I have to explain you wouldn't understand

also known as:

If you have to ask you can't afford it

also known as:

Somewhere in the world it's after 5:00 pm

Ok, maybe the last one wasn't quite the same, but it's a damn good reason
to start drinking before "society" says it's ok.

Yeah Baby!

-T

p.s. for the newbies, I'll explain just this once, give 'em enough rope is
an old (well at least to me) punk expression meaning, "they will either
hang themselves or make a swing, give 'em enough rope and watch what happens."

--

Any sufficiently repeatable miracle is indistinguishable from mundane technology. ... Microsoft Advanced OS Scientist on Win'95 actually running.