Re: Dumbing down of computing...

Fawn404@aol.com
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 14:07:14 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 6/17/97 12:15:46 PM, tbyars@earthlink.net (CobraBoy!)
wrote:

>However one of THE MOST annoying features is the normal Apple menu bar now
>says, "Help" right after "Special." Why do I have to see this? And to take
>that even further does Apple really believe they are going to sell a
>computer/OS to someone that already isn't familiar with the Mac? The little
>[?] button was bad enough, but now I have to see this stupid Help menu
>everytime I look at the Finder. Certaintly in 1984 when this OS came out
>and no one had a computer that makes sense, but is it really necessary?

Obviously, someone seems to think so. Not everyone has worked with Macs
since 1984. I just moved over to Mac's from PC's and if OS 8 was what I had
to start on, it could be helpful. I bet that's probably one of the things
that that "someone" had in mind. I guess you'll have to live with it. Maybe
Mac could release an advanced user OS so you don't have to look at the word
Help on the menu bar.