Re: Thirty, rest, and motion.

Cynthia Dale (silly@redhat.com)
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:23:52 -0500 (EST)

And he's absolutely right. I'm in a timespace where all my "unbroken
slabs" are used up on doing technical stuff, and, as a result, have
written nothing but emails and a few scatter-brained poems. I miss the
days when I could count on getting all my classes scheduled for Tuesday
and Thursday and knew that I could use the other 5 days to write until I
fell over. I was thinking about writing a book called something like
-Writing in Small Finite Spaces in Time- but I couldn't find anything
worth saying in my small finite spaces of time. (:

I just hope that people still read books. They tell me they do, and I
almost believe them, but mostly what I see is people browsing the web for
'snackfood' type stuff, quotes, logos, jokes of the day. I used to tell
Barthelme that I had to write fast-food literature, cuz that's all anyone
ever had time for anymore, and though I didn't believe myself then, I do
now, and it makes me feel a lot older than 30something.

Cynthia J. Dale
Technical Engineer/FAQ maintainer
Red Hat, Inc.

fnord.