RE: What is Possum Stew?

From: Lisa Dusseault (lisa@xythos.com)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 08:43:09 PDT

I'm not sure it's actually worth responding to you, since you seem to be
rather more interested in taking potshots than actually having a serious
discussion.

That said, I think you've made my point for me. I admit that it's
inconvenient to buy computers without Windows, but it is possible, and it's
certainly possible to rebuild them without Windows. Microsoft won't send
people to my house to lock me up if I don't buy Windows licenses. Try not
paying your income tax and see what happens.

The author's argument for government or popular oversight is also undermined
by the example of Microsoft. Without getting into whether or not Microsoft
has behaved in such a fashion as to minimize your choices, to date
government oversight has had remarkably little impact on Microsoft's
behavior in this regard.

Lisa