Groove Networks / Viant deal...

From: Adam Rifkin (Adam@KnowNow.Com)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 10:09:06 PDT

Man, the website at www.groove.net is really unresponsive this morning... I
want my download!!!!

    http://www.quicken.com/investments/news/story/bw/?story=/news/stories/bw
http://www.quicken.com/investments/news/story/bw/?story=/news/stories/bw/200
01024/a2590.htm

Viant Forms Partnership With Groove Networks; Underscores Commitment to
Helping Clients Realize the Value of P2P Innovations Tuesday, October 24, 2000

BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 24, 2000--Viant Corp. (Nasdaq: VIAN, news,
msgs), a leading builder of digital businesses, today announced that it has
formed a partnership with Groove Networks, the developer of the industry's
first software platform designed to host a broad range of peer-to-peer
(P2P) computing applications and business solutions.

"P2P computing is a significant technological macroforce, and at Viant we
specialize in sorting out the sustainable benefits surrounding such
macroforces," said Tim Andrews, Chief Technology Officer at Viant. "Groove
provides a compelling implementation of a platform enabling creation of "3c
applications" (control, collaboration, and contribution) in a business
context. This will be the key to creating innovative business practices
leading to sustainable competitive advantage."

Viant believes that P2P computing will have enormous implications on global
businesses, far beyond the current excitement it has caused in the music
industry. Critical to this assertion is understanding that the strategic
and human impact of this new technology will be as significant as the
technological advances. P2P technologies have the potential to transform
the way that organizations work and collaborate with their customers and
partners.

"Viant has an excellent reputation for building innovative digital
businesses for leading-edge companies," said Ray Ozzie, CEO of Groove
Networks. "We look forward to working with Viant to deliver unique
solutions that address businesses' needs for speed, flexibility and
adaptability."

"Understanding inflection technologies and their relevance to global
business is at the core of everything we do," said Ben Levitan, Chief
Operating Officer of Viant. "We are involved in a number of real-world
initiatives that allow us to identify and evaluate disruptive technologies
to help our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantages in their
respective industries."

----
Adam@KnowNow.Com

We were hungry, broke, and miserable, but we liked it best that way. -- Weird Al Yankovic, "When I Was Your Age"