Re: FC:

From: Joachim Feise (jfeise@ics.uci.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 15:22:11 PST

My McAfee scanner identifies it as W32/Hybris.gen@M
Description is here: http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=98873&

Virus Name
W32/Hybris.gen@M
Date Added
11/1/00 2:37:27 PM
Virus Characteristics
This is an Internet worm which can be received by email. If run, this worm modifies the WSOCK32.DLL file, after which,
an attempt is made to mail a copy of the worm to all mail recipients whenever email messages are sent out.
AVERT cautions all users to delete unexpected attachments. W32/Hybris.gen@M is sent unknowingly by the user.

This Internet worm downloads encypted update components from an Internet web site, most likely it is the author's site.
This worm downloads encrypted components similar to the method first used by W95/Babylonia.

-Joe