Re: Big bad Dell...

CobraBoy! (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 08:20:19 -0800

At 8:12 AM -0800 11/11/97, Robert S. Thau wrote:

> tbyars@earthlink.net writes [quoting c|net]:
>
> Today, Jobs singled out Dell--posting a picture of him with a bull's
> eye superimposed on his face--and said, "With our new products, our
> new store, built-to-order manufacturing, we're coming after you,
> buddy."
>
> Jobs' campaign to personally antagonize literally everybody in the
> industry, whether there's a point to it or not, evidently continues
> apace.
>
> rst

Well clearly this is a brilliant move on his part. He has to shift the
focus of the mac nut's off of hating gates. Clearly apple isn't going to
take one sale away from dell. However it gives the rabid something new to
chew on.

Tim

-

... at least you can drive something fast, arm your-
self with powerful tools, and look good doing it.
Preview Release of the Be Operating System

<> tbyars@earthlink.net <>