Re: Irvine Schools

Rasheed Baqai (rasheed@ucf.ICS.uci.edu)
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 09:46:20 -0800 (PST)

I wanted to point out that a portion of the story in the OC Register
pointed out this was only for students with affluent parents who could
afford the laptops to participate in the program. So, they're not free.
The question was whether this was a good program since it was "exclusive"
to those who could purchase a laptop. One teacher said that they
shouldn't stop innovation despite inequalities in providing such
resources.

Some of the other schools mentioned are doing the free loaner laptops
(like Anaheim).

Rasheed