Re: TB-L issue with links

John R Chang (JRChang+@CMU.EDU)
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 13:51:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, Jay Thomas wrote:

> Ticketmaster is pissed at M$oft for putting a link to their site on a
> M$soft entertainment page. This, to me, seems utterly harmless, makes
> total sense, and would only serve to increase Ticketbastards revenues;

I believe they were upset because if you followed the link to the
Ticketmaster site, the Microsoft banner, navigation bar, ads, etc. were
still shown on the screen in another frame. This made it look like the
Ticketmaster site was some part of the Microsoft site.

John Chang
School of Computer Science, Carnegie-Mellon University
JRChang+@CMU.EDU | http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/jrc/