Re: Microsoft wants to help Apple retain MacOS market share

CobraBoy (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 09:04:52 -0700

At 8:51 AM -0700 8/15/96, Robert S. Thau wrote:
> This one is the most mysterious of all.
>
>Ummmm... what's the mystery? So long as Apple retains its piddling
>10% market share, Bill doesn't have *total* domination of the desktop
>OS market. If Apple dries up, then he does, and at that point, not
>even *his* lawyers will be able to stave off an antitrust consent
>decree which, at the very least, would impose a Chinese wall between
>the OS and application sides of the house.
>
>Phill H-B may be obnoxious, but he had this sussed --- he was saying
>months ago, "if Apple's in any real danger, Bill will go prop them
>up". They are. He has. (And if you don't like admitting Phill was
>onto something, imagine how I feel...).
>
>rst

One other thing. Also remember that Ms does almost a billion dollars a year
in Apple warez. Since 70% of it's profits are form Office, it makes sense
in more than one way to keep them alive.

Tim

--

-= -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Being a smartass beats being a dumb ass... you should try it sometime. -=-=-=-=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- tbyars@earthlink.net