Patenting Sex-for-Hire was Re: Bush conspiracy

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 01:01:38 PDT

Joseph S Barrera III wrote:

> AOh, come on. This model is SO old and there's SO much prior art that
> no unexpired patent could possibly hold up. Might as well patent
> prostitution as a business model.

Genius! Pure genius! Joe, call your IP guy, wake 'em up!!! A fancy title on
the app and the idiots over at the PTO will never know, they obviously never
actually look at the things. Let's see, what class does that fit into? Perhaps
any of the following:

016 MISCELLANEOUS HARDWARE
023 CHEMISTRY: PHYSICAL PROCESSES
027 UNDERTAKING
037 EXCAVATING
054 HARNESS
069 LEATHER MANUFACTURES
071 CHEMISTRY: FERTILIZERS
089 ORDNANCE
092 EXPANSIBLE CHAMBER DEVICES (nb: huh? ;-)
108 HORIZONTALLY SUPPORTED PLANAR SURFACES
116 SIGNALS AND INDICATORS
119 ANIMAL HUSBANDRY
134 CLEANING AND LIQUID CONTACT WITH SOLIDS
135 TENT, CANOPY, UMBRELLA, OR CANE
137 FLUID HANDLING
138 PIPES AND TUBULAR CONDUITS
156 ADHESIVE BONDING AND MISCELLANEOUS CHEMICAL MANUFACTURE
165 HEAT EXCHANGE
168 FARRIERY (gay sex only?)
173 TOOL DRIVING OR IMPACTING
181 ACOUSTICS
184 LUBRICATION
186 MERCHANDISING
199 TYPE CASTING (I'm thinkin' roleplaying, here... ;-)
211 SUPPORTS: RACKS
226 ADVANCING MATERIAL OF INDETERMINATE LENGTH
227 ELONGATED-MEMBER-DRIVING APPARATUS
231 WHIPS AND WHIP APPARATUS
239 FLUID SPRINKLING, SPRAYING, AND DIFFUSING
250 RADIANT ENERGY (for the New Age yahoos)
273 AMUSEMENT DEVICES: GAMES
285 PIPE JOINTS OR COUPLINGS
289 KNOTS AND KNOT TYING
366 AGITATING
417 PUMPS
427 COATING PROCESSES
432 HEATING
434 EDUCATION AND DEMONSTRATION
435 CHEMISTRY: MOLECULAR BIOLOGY AND MICROBIOLOGY
446 AMUSEMENT DEVICES: TOYS
453 COIN HANDLING
463 AMUSEMENT DEVICES: GAMES
472 AMUSEMENT DEVICES
473 GAMES USING TANGIBLE PROJECTILE
474 ENDLESS BELT POWER TRANSMISSION SYSTEMS OR COMPONENTS
482 EXERCISE DEVICES
483 TOOL CHANGING
492 ROLL OR ROLLER
512 PERFUME COMPOSITIONS
514 DRUG, BIO-AFFECTING AND BODY TREATING COMPOSITIONS
601 SURGERY: KINESITHERAPY
930 PEPTIDE OR PROTEIN SEQUENCE

--- Or Is It ---

...drum roll...