Re: P2P + SSL + IP spoofing = circumvent blocklists = TriangleBoy = CIA-sponsored-tech

From: Gordon Mohr (gojomo@usa.net)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 22:13:28 PDT

I wrote:
> Would you locally install software from a company with CIA
> ties, to help others achieve unblockable, anonymous web access?
>
> Methinks an open-source version of TriangleBoy would enjoy
> greater uptake.

Whoops! I spoke too soon, before reading all the site's info:

   March 6, 2001
   SafeWeb Releases Source Code of New Technology Designed to
   Defeat Blocking and Filtering of Web Sites
   https://fugu.safeweb.com/webpage/press_room/tboy_pr.html

And the Chinese won't easily be knocking SafeWeb out of the
digital skies:

   March 13, 2001
   Chinese Government Attempts to Block Access to SafeWeb
   https://fugu.safeweb.com/webpage/press_room/china.html
   Silicon Valley startup answers with Triangle Boy technology
   in effort to combat Internet censorship

I guess this is why the CIA likes SafeWeb -- what could be
more subversive against anti-american regimes than unfettered
internet access?

- Gordon