Re: P2P + SSL + IP spoofing = circumvent blocklists = TriangleBoy = CIA-sponsored-tech

From: Gordon Mohr (
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 22:13:28 PDT

I wrote:
> Would you locally install software from a company with CIA
> ties, to help others achieve unblockable, anonymous web access?
> Methinks an open-source version of TriangleBoy would enjoy
> greater uptake.

Whoops! I spoke too soon, before reading all the site's info:

   March 6, 2001
   SafeWeb Releases Source Code of New Technology Designed to
   Defeat Blocking and Filtering of Web Sites

And the Chinese won't easily be knocking SafeWeb out of the
digital skies:

   March 13, 2001
   Chinese Government Attempts to Block Access to SafeWeb
   Silicon Valley startup answers with Triangle Boy technology
   in effort to combat Internet censorship

I guess this is why the CIA likes SafeWeb -- what could be
more subversive against anti-american regimes than unfettered
internet access?

- Gordon