RE: DVD rant

From: Matt Jensen (mattj@newsblip.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 07:40:10 PDT

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Damien Morton wrote:

> Now the aluminium layer is painted on one side, with the CD stuff painted on
> top of that. Merely scratching the paint layer is enough to destroy the CD.

+ That cost savings must explain why CD prices have come down from 17.99
to 17.98. Thank goodness.

+ Somewhere there must be a Heloise Hint(tm) that explains what kind of
spraycan of shellac you can use to give your CDs a durable and protective
shine.

+ As an aside: Tom, I find it confusing that you argue for the benefits of
the free market, and the importance of individuals living with their own
decisions, and yet when it comes to you purchasing entertainment, a
different set of rules seems to apply. If we were on a lifeboat and
TimeWarner were hoarding the water, then sure, property rights be damned.
But sacrificing TW principles to bootleg your own copy of "Babe: Pig in
the City"? Ah well, you're probably uninterested in this topic, so I'll
have to only imagine what your response might be. Cheerio,

-Matt Jensen
 NewsBlip.com
 Seattle