Re: Let Me Get This Straight . . .

From: Grlygrl201@aol.com
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 16:42:22 PDT

In a message dated 5/12/01 7:19:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, sdw@lig.net
writes:

<< I don't agree with the Democrats all of the time but they piss me off
 less than the Republicans and no other party is viable yet.

sure, who DOES agree with their party all of the time? id' have voted for
mccain, and probably will if he runs in 2004. what i think has happened is
the republicans are sounding more and more like hard-line libertarians,
thanks to limbaugh. if harry browne had been allowed to debate with gore and
bush, i think he would have split the republican vote. i'm sure bush's
tacticians realized this and totally quashed browne. browne articulated
bush's "big government is evil" platform for him, which, now that he's in the
white house, bush has completely abandoned - not in word but certainly in
deed.

the next hundred days should be interesting. i'm not sold that bush is
innocuous just because he appears to be slow-witted. the guy is obviously
beholding to oil interests and somebody's who's not gay, black, female, or
threateningly intellectual needs to remind the world.

as fundamentalists are fond of saying, "hate the sin, not the man."

gg