Re: Let Me Get This Straight . . .

From: Grlygrl201@aol.com
Date: Sun May 13 2001 - 06:32:20 PDT

In a message dated 5/13/01 8:10:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jay@thomas.vg
writes:

<< Not all change is positive. I have no problem embracing good change.>>

not me, so sir, i'm for BAD change! geeze, jay, you're making my argument
for me about how republicans can be so simplistic! so what do you do when
lots of folks have different ideas about what's "good" - like federally
funded art galleries, the right to bear automatic weapons, Head Start,
drilling for oil in alaska, adopting long-range energy policies that leave us
dependent primarily on foreign oil, farm subsidies, building homes in
flood-prone areas, prayer in schools, etc. infinitum?

you allow for freedom of information and public discourse. you start by
educating your children so that when they hear phrases like "democrats are
the party of victims" they learn to investigate for themselves, dig deep for
information that supports all sides of an issue, and make up their own minds.
i think a best-practice for parents would be to encourage their children to
campaign (privately, in the home) for the candidate the/a parent(s)
oppose(s). think of the dinnertable discourse.

pre-caffeine gg