Re: FoRK archives in XML/RSS via XSLT?

From: Edd Dumbill (edd@usefulinc.com)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 09:30:32 PDT

On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 01:16:10PM +0100, Dan Brickley wrote:
> Or I could just hack a screenscraper in Perl. Actually I just did but
> it's ugly and (for some reason - will fiddle more later) rather slow.
> http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/discovery/rdf-dev/roads/cgi-bin/desire/xent2rss
> (no guarantees -- flakey, buggy, slow etc and doesn't track
> URL for current month)

I've just used my RSS proggy I wrote for Zope [1] to suck in this RSS file.
HTMLization is available at http://www.usefulinc.com/forkRSS/view
(thoroughly untarted-up).

This also mirrors the XML at http://www.usefulinc.com/forkRSS which is
available almost-instantly, a lot quicker than Dan's program
(obviously).

I've set up a cronjob to mirror this hourly.

Unfortunately it shows up that Dan's prog is currently generating the
wrong URL for each post...

-- Edd

(Zope's too cool, this took me a minute to set up!)

[1] http://www.zope.org/Members/edmundd/SiteSummary