FoRK archives in XML/RSS via XSLT?

From: Dan Brickley (Daniel.Brickley@bristol.ac.uk)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 05:16:10 PDT

On Sat, 6 May 2000, Adam Rifkin -4K wrote:

> As to danbri's question, "Yeah, when do we get an RSS channel for FoRK
> so I can recue my inbox and read this along with other newsfeeds?", my
> answer is, "As soon as you develop an RSS channel for FoRK." :)

Doh! Left myself wide open to that one, didn't I? OK, how about this for
an approach? Some XeNTist needs to set up a stable URL for the latest
date-sorted list of posts, and make the archives XML well formed
(ie. XHTML), then we should be able to write XSLT that'll scrape the
archives and output various formats...

Or I could just hack a screenscraper in Perl. Actually I just did but
it's ugly and (for some reason - will fiddle more later) rather slow.
http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/discovery/rdf-dev/roads/cgi-bin/desire/xent2rss
(no guarantees -- flakey, buggy, slow etc and doesn't track
URL for current month)

So anyway we still need a URL, eg. http://xent.com/latest/date.html
that'll always return a list of recent posts by date.

Would be much nicer to do this in XSLT though maybe that's something
better done as a patch to hypermail...

Dan