Re: I-D; UUCP project conclusion

From: Stephen D. Williams (sdw@lig.net)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 12:35:39 PDT

Bang! You're dead! ;-) ! == "Bang" is uucp's lasting contribution. That and a
horror for unidirectional protocols and the spoofing modems to go with them. . ==
"dot" is even more useful.

I did uucp with Unix and DOS from 1987 to 1989. I also had a DDN TAC card (1200
baud) in 1987. I setup an actual network link for ae.ge.com in 1990 and 1991.

Long live UCBVAX.

<sigh>

sdw

--
Insta.com - Revolutionary E-Business Communication
sdw@insta.com Stephen D. Williams  Senior Consultant/Architect   http://sdw.st