Javascript XML/SOAP/XML-RPC parsers

From: Edd Dumbill (edd@usefulinc.com)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 14:26:04 PDT

Adam Rifkin wrote:
> Then again, I can only
> find a single open JavaScript XML parser on the web right now...

I've just written up an item <http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=695>
about "XML for <SCRIPT>" <http://www.idle.org/experimental/>, a
non-validating XML parser for Javascript.

There's also a small XML (ie, not XML, but a subset) parser, about which
we wrote <http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=414>

Adam also asked:
> Does anyone on FoRK know of *any* open implementation of a
> (de)serializer of SOAP written in JavaScript?

Sadly, I've not come across one yet. If and when I do you can be sure
it'll appear on XMLhack.

There is, however, an implementation of XML-RPC in Javascript, which
lives inside Mozilla, written by Martijn Pieters. See
<http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/extensions/xml-rpc/> and also
this article on XML.com <http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/06/07/xmlterm/>
which uses the Javascript XML-RPC component to talk to an XML-RPC server
from within Mozilla.

A parting shot: if you're after XML bits, don't just try Google, try
<http://xmlhack.com/search.php> too!

-- Edd