Re: more on Apple Speech Recognition.

Ron Resnick (
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 11:08:08 +0200

Dan Kohn wrote:
> Both Dragon Systems from Kurzweil and IBM's system are getting rave
> reviews from the columnists. I think we may be just one software
> generation away from this being a real thing. I bet a Pentium II with
> 64 MB of RAM is more than enough processing power.
> Kurzweil seems like an obvious Microsoft buyout candidate in the next 1=
> months.
> - dan

I went to the, just to check them out - could be a hot
stock tip from Dan, right? Looks like they've already been bought.
Maybe this L&H group becomes the MS target?

Burlington, Mass. --- June 30, 1997 --- Lernout & Hauspie Speech
Products (NASDAQ: LHSPF), an international
leader in the development and commercialization of speech=20
technologies today announced the completion on
June 27, 1997 of L&H=92s acquisition of Kurzweil Applied Intelligence,
Inc. (NASDAQ: KURZ). Both companies
develop technologies and products that allow personal computers and
other devices to recognize spoken words
and convert them into text or automatically perform operations.