Re: lunch

Dan Kohn (dan@teledesic.com)
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 17:58:58 -0700

You didn't put my comment in the right context, as you had just referred
to yourself as an engineer.

>If we're lucky, you
>may get to meet my boss, John Klensin, who's an act unto himself. Great
>oral history of the Net he's got stashed away... You probably know my
>uber-boss, Vint Cerf, but he's in Reston -- we're the only two engineers
>in Boston.

Also, can you explain this quote:

PPS. On strict orders from Dan Connolly, I'm emitting one standard
metric
cluon of Establishmentarian Disapproval (TM) for the use of <URL:*>.
Long
ago, I implemented it as part of the WebStep standards, but I was wrong,
too (http://xent.w3.org/WebStep ). Besides, my URLifier includes the
trailing
'>' in the path...

MS Outlook isn't smart enough to recognize URLs that begin URL:http://
so Keith's usage annoys me, whether it's correct or not. But is it
correct? The issue can't just be URLs vs. URNs and other URIs as it
should be obvious that any URN scheme has to avoid clobbering the URL
namespace.

- dan