Re: [CNN] Bush 2,909,465; Gore 2,907,722.

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 17:53:52 PST

Dr. Diablo has a few things to say on this topic to all the leftist
subversives and bleeding hearts in the audience:

Great. Who let the pinko commies out of the pen? What's next,
mullet-wearing foaming-at-the-mouth feminazis?

;-)

Give it up. Socialized medicine does not work in a capitalist economy.
The hybrid system and its corresponding governmental impact on private
healthcare is the ROOT CAUSE of rising healthcare prices, and if you don't
believe me I can give you my pop's e-mail address, he's been managing
hospitals for 30 years and has quite a bit to say on the matter. (Oh
yeah, BA in polisci and MS in healthcare administration + 30 years of
frustrating healthcare management and interaction with gov't,
you-fuckin'-McBetcha he's got a bit to say...) If that's too much to
process, let me clue you in: market forces would make those glasses *even
cheaper* if it weren't for all the built-in hidden costs / inefficiencies
of our hybrid system.

For what it's worth, too, the "senior citizens on fixed incomes" scenario
hits close to home. My 74 year-old grandad wears glasses, is on a fixed
income, and he doesn't go without glasses. (Or anything else he needs,
for that matter.) He spent his life working a modest job and managing his
finances prudently, and he does alright. If he needed something that he
couldn't afford, we (his family) would get it for him --- if he'd let us,
which he very well might not.

Grow up, folks. At some point, people have to take care *of themselves.*
Repeat it with me: people must take responsibility for themselves, their
lives, their financial affairs. Government can't play mommy and daddy
forever, nor should it. And society should not bear the cost for personal
financial irresponsibility.

(BTW, lest you jump all over me for the feminazi thing, I'm the ultimate
feminist / civil libertarian etc: I believe there should be *no
distinction whatsoever* in the law between anyone based on gender, race,
religion, sexual orientation, what color car you drive, whatever. It
doesn't get any more "equal" than that, y'all.)

The Dr. Is *IN*