Re: [CNN] Bush 2,909,465; Gore 2,907,722.

From: Tony Finch (dot@dotat.at)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 14:40:46 PST

Jeff Bone <jbone@jump.net> wrote:

>> You don't have a formal job because there aren't any going.
>
>Huh? Is this some kind of fancy "King's English?" I have no idea
>what this means. ;-)

s/going/available/

>> Despite the fact that SFO's civic centre looks like a shanty town
>> and you have corrupt partisan civil servants ensuring that your
>> elections are run fairly, the BRA isn't quite that low.
>
>The BRA isn't quite that low? American, man, *american* --- you're talking to
>Americans, speak American. ;-) Sounds like you're talking about sagging breasts or
>something. Don't want to anger the feminists on the list, now do we?

"Banana Republic of America" :-)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_1016000/1016830.stm

>> If you have no money you cannot pay for anything.
>
>Again, the solution is simple: (1) Get job. (2) Collect paycheck. (3) Spend money.

I think you underestimate the difficulty of getting a job when you
have no home. You usually have to fill in a pile of forms that require
an address that isn't a P.O. box. Perhaps this happens less in the
grey market...

Tony.

--
en oeccget g mtcaa    f.a.n.finch