Re: NOTA (was Re: nader traitors )

From: Bill Humphries (bill@whump.com)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 17:36:03 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Jensen" <mattj@newsblip.com>
To: "David Crook" <David.Crook@Farmclub.com>

> * Most work on enacting NOTA laws has been focused on local elections.
> It's not clear to me how to do it in a presidential election without
> risking Florida-like timetable issues, but some solution could probably be
> found.

How about instant-run-off voting using an Australian ballot?

http://www.fairvote.org/irv/

If the authorities need help, they can hire any number of people who worked
on
Hugo balloting the past few years.

http://www.io.com/~lsc2/newszine/stories/story28.html
http://www.cse.rmit.edu.au/%7Erdsrf/hugos/hugovoting1999.txt

-- whump (Ask yourself WWJD: What would Joephan Do?)