Re: Fresh meat! (newbies)

David Crook (dcrook@commwerks.com)
Thu, 04 Dec 1997 12:38:37 -0800

Clover Hodgson wrote:

> <snip>

> >He graduated from UCI in computer science and is currently finishing up on
> >his masters at Cal State Long Beach. He's a very bright and funny guy and
> >I think may have something to offer the group.
> >
> >He's a linux guru primarily and is currently my Perl coach. He spent quite
> >a number of years working for Rockwell (I think) in the aerospace industry
> >as a programmer. (I think he still has clearance.) ;-)
> >
> >Anyway, it's your list and I'm just lucky enough that you let me dwell
> >here. So whatever you decide is fine with me. His name is Dave Crook and
> >his email address is driver@shortbus.com should my request be granted. ;-)
> >
> ><Clover>
>
> You know, RoRo, I didn't give you permission to post a private email I sent
> to you. Does this or does it not violate a rule (better yet, an annoyance
> or maybe a preference) that came out of the last big flame war we had here
> not too too long ago? Just checking. And if it doesn't, then Dave has
> been given a pretty lame introduction and probably one flocked with errors
> cuz I really have no idea what the hell fuels him (other than Diet Coke),
> so maybe Dave should just introduce himself... ;-)

Thats alright Clover, I don't mind lame introductions. But since I will
be lurking / posting / pouring kerosene onto roaring flame wars on this
list I should tell you a bit about myself.

I graduated many moons ago from UCI with a triple major in ICS,
Political Science and Dance. I spent many years at the Rockwell Black
Helicopter R&D division doing classified work enhancing stealth
characteristics on CIA/DEA/New World Order choppers and some work on UFO
coverups and cattle mutilations. Aside from work I did a lot of early
kernel development work on Linux with Linus but all of my code comments
are done under psudeonyms. I am also a former navy seal team captain
and trainer and a professional chef as well as a master of Shotokan
karate. Twice I have saved the world from nuclear blackmail, once when
terrorists took over a soon to be decomissioned battleship and again
when another group of terrorists took over a train and used it as a base
for controlling a top secret particle beam satelite. But mainly I am
known as a pathological liar on introduction letters to mailing lists.

Dave "The Shortbus Driver" Crook
driver@shortbus.com