Re: "The Body" Goes to Washington

Ben Black (black@layer8.net)
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 13:26:39 -0800

On Wed, Nov 04, 1998 at 09:46:57AM -0800, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:
> > had been elected the Governor of Minnesota
>
> Minnesota? Isn't that part of Canada, for all intents and purposes?
>
> - Joe

1) Fuck you.
2) I voted for Jesse and I am glad he won.

He displayed significant charisma and sincerity throughout his campaign, he
simply blew away the other 2 candidates in numerous debates (no, this did
not involve tights, feather boas, or piledrivers), he has a genuine sense of
humor, and if nothing else I didn't feel forced to vote for yet another
slimy career politician.

The Republican candidate for governor is a little weasel currently serving
as the mayor of St. Paul. Other than the fact that he switched parties to
win, has a repulsive trophy wife who is never interviewed, will say
anything if he thinks it will get him elected, and is completely lacking
in charm...well, you get the idea.

As for the Democratic candidate, Hubert "Skip" Humphrey III, I am reminded
of the Tom Lehrer song about Skip's dad..."What Ever Became of You, Hubert?"
His personality was a major no-show in this race.

Perhpas we will become a laughing stock. Maybe this will knock the
Lewinsky tripe off the front page for a few minutes. I happen to think
taunting Minnesota because we elected Jesse Ventura is the easy way out.
Try looking a little deeper.

Ben