RE: Microsoft DNA?!

Joe Barrera (joebar@MICROSOFT.com)
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 17:32:44 -0700

I'm too busy "re-labeling old shit" to waste my time posting to people
(on dist-obj) who have already made up their minds.

I just don't have the time right now for this sort of pissing contest.
Maybe later, which is why I remain on dist-obj.

- Joe

Joseph S. Barrera III (joebar@microsoft.com)
http://research.microsoft.com/~joebar
Phone, Office: (415) 778-8227; Cellular: (415) 601-3719; Home: (650)
588-4801
The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and do
not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Resnick [SMTP:resnick@interlog.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 1997 2:32 PM
To: FoRK@pest.w3.org
Subject: Re: Microsoft DNA?!

At 03:29 PM 9/25/97 -0400, Mark wrote:
>Adam asked that I FoRK this for opinions.
>
>> Microsoft will deliver the Windows DNA architecture over the
next three
>> to five years in three phases
>
>Uh huh.
>
>MB

DNA seems to be fancy window dressing over their warmed-up
leftovers:
COM, DHTML, ActiveX, etc. Who cares what they call their shit?
It's always
the same shit, right? The only people this matters to just
happen to be
the only people it's meant for - IS purchasers who can, and
will, get
suckered by new labelling. Ergo - they win again. We don't stand
a chance.

What the hell happened to JoeBar anyway??
Are you alive out there Joe? Ever since Wolfpack came out, I
don't
think we've heard from him. Helloooooo...

Ron